Become like a pencil!
- A pencil is guided by the hand, let yourself be guided by your intuition.
- Occasionally stop writing and sharpen your point. It hurts a little, but it does make you sharper.
- If you write with a pencil, you can always rub out mistakes; you can at any time make new choices and straighten out errors.
- The most important part of a pencil is not the outside, but the graphite on the inside. Our inner selves are very special!
- A pencil leaves traces behind. Everything you do in your life will leave traces, try to be aware and choose the peaceful path.
Guide to overcoming obstacles in your life, or achieving goals:
- Choose the obstacle that you want to overcome; do not be influenced by the comments of others. You are responsible for your own choices. Follow your intuition!
- Know how to reach your goal, often from a distance you see something in a certain way but as you approach you see it differently. Don’t be afraid to try different paths, ways and possibilities so that one day you can reach your goal.
- Ask advice from someone who has made the same journey: it is your journey and your responsibility but other people’s experience can be of great benefit.
- If you are aware and attentive you will foresee dangers and know how to circumvent them.
- On the way to your goal, life and the landscape around you will change so take time to occasionally stop and savour and enjoy your life.
- Respect your body. You can only reach your goal if you pay attention to your physical wellbeing. If you run too fast, you will get tired and give up halfway. If you walk too slowly, you will often be overtaken.
- The road is always longer than you think, so keep in mind that you may need to make an extra effort and to walk for longer than expected. Be prepared for setbacks.
- Be happy when you’re at the top and allow free rein to your emotions. Enjoy the moment!
- Promise yourself that you will use this newly acquired power for rest of your life and preferably to achieve other goals.
- Tell your story to others. Be an example and allow other people to take courage from your story in order to find their own way.
Every one of us has our own personal journey and our own story to tell about what matters to us in this life. It does not matter if others support you, criticize, ignore, tolerate, the point is that it is your destiny on this earth, the source of all happiness.
People do not think about death often enough.
People are often busy with really absurd things and do not focus on the here and now. They complain, demand and protest but when it comes to it they do not want to change. They want to change everything, but they refuse to change themselves. However, if you thought more about death you would not postpone things. You could accept that death comes and you would have more courage to do the things you long to do but sometimes do not dare to do. The Red Indians say: “Today is as good a day as any other to leave this world.”
Allow death to be with you, giving you the courage to get on and do the things in life that are important to you. Sooner or later we will all die. Only when you accept this can you fully live.
Bad things do happen in everyone’s life. Life is a constant risk and whoever forgets this is unprepared for the challenges of destiny when faced with suffering and being forced to make sense of why this is happening. We must overcome our fears and start again. The first thing we must do is accept things as they are. In this life nothing is permanent, we are constantly making new choices or choosing new values. The world is not a safe place, why should we not seize and try new things we have always wanted to do, but did not have the courage to try?
Suppose I show you a 20 euros banknote which is quite dirty and crumpled. Would you want this banknote? I expect that you would accept it. Whatever you do with that banknote it will always be worth 20 euros. In our lives, we get hits, we are mistreated and insulted, but still retain our worth just like that banknote.
Each repetition in life has a purpose. It reminds you of things you have not yet learned and you will have the opportunity to find a different solution. It is your heart that says, “You’ve been here before but have not yet mastered this.” Stay optimistic and know that you are making progress in life.
It is a shame that people only see differences, differences that divide us. If we would look at each other with love we would see that we have much in common. Basic needs are universal.
If we could do this many problems would be solved this in the world.
There are moments in your life when someone you love needs help but you cannot do anything. However we can always offer our love. At the times when it seems hopeless we can still offer love without expecting anything or hoping that something will change. Love is the energy that is able to overcome many problems. Love is the power of change. This love is present in small things, the smallest gesture.
William Blake once said, “Everything which is now reality was once an impossible dream.”
Life constantly asks us to believe. Believe that every moment can be a miracle. Most people avoid things, feel powerless and they refuse to act. This is a cowardly attitude. Believe in your dreams and do your best to fight injustice. Make decisions and try to take some responsibility for all the bad that happens in the world. We always have the resources to face the storms that life has in store for us. To have peace in the world, you must find it in your heart.
Do you have any thoughts on this or tips to offer?